Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Pieces of Me is a young, energetic female-owned company, where we design and create beautiful, meaningful jewelry that reminds women of the qualities that make them unique – we want women to wear who they are.
The Pieces of Me mission is to help women identify their strengths, then celebrate and love who they are. We’ve custom designed icons to showcase 24 distinct personality traits – choose one or several and wear the positive qualities that make you beautifully unique!
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
Our business manager is about to be on maternity leave- and we're looking for someone to fill in for her while she's away! It is very likely that after the temp position- there will be full time position availability within our company based on our current growth trajectory.
We are looking for a smart, energetic and motivated team member to help us grow into a nation-wide brand. We’re a small close-knit team, but have a big passion for what we do and the products that we bring to the world. Our environment is fueled by creativity and innovation; our people are flexible, adaptable and always ready to take on new challenges. We’re on a mission to make sure everyone hears about Pieces of Me and the way our jewelry can make them feel valued for the qualities that make them unique.
DO YOU HAVE THE RIGHT STUFF?
You are self-directed and highly motivated to succeed at everything you take on. You are curious and passionate about helping our company grow and build our brand. Changing environments, varying levels of responsibilities and challenging objectives are the opportunity you need to think outside the box and allow your true strengths to shine. In moments of chaos, you remain calm and rely on your well-developed organizational prowess to prioritize multiple deadlines/projects and effectively communicate what needs to get done.
Develop our workplace processes so that great work can get done each and every day improving our company’s performance and fueling our growth. Oversee all aspects of the business and help get stuff done.
- Manage the day to day stuff an office needs – well organized work space, work flow and supplies
- Process accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Assist with payroll and all general bookkeeping
- Manage product inventory levels/supplies
- Manage general business operations
- Assist with on-boarding & training new employees
- Supervise fulfillment and production employees
- Manage internship program
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing any and all other related tasks as assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, marketing, or related field required.
- 2-3 years work or internship experience in retail, management, finance, business, e-commerce, or related field.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects setting priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to get along with and manage several teams at one time effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Basic understanding of accounting required; experience with accounting software preferred.
FULL-TIMEHOW TO APPLY: If you think you have what it takes email owner and founder Elsa Vos, email@example.com with a copy of your resume and a cover letter and she'll be in touch with next steps.