Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Classification: Full-Time Salaried, Exempt
Reports to: Founder/CEO/Creative Director
Elsa Creative is a young, energetic, female-run company with two distinct brands: Elsa Leigh, and The Darling Effect. We seek to offer a fresh perspective to the products we use and wear every day.
At Elsa Leigh we design and create beautiful, meaningful jewelry that reminds women of the qualities that make them unique. We want women to feel loved for who they are.
With The Darling Effect, we take the season’s trendiest gift and lifestyle products and give them a ‘darling effect’, enhancing their look and feel.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
Elsa Creative is seeking a creative, independent, and hard-working graphic designer to help us grow into a nation-wide brand. We’re a small close-knit team, but have a big passion for what we do and all the products that we bring to the world. Our environment is fueled by creativity and innovation; our people are flexible, adaptable, and always ready to take on new challenges.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AS A GRAPHIC DESIGNER:
The Graphic Designer role is fast-paced and hands-on, working within multiple steps of the creative process from concept to presentation. The candidate will work directly with our Founder on a variety of projects. They'll have freedom to explore, contribute ideas, and self-initiate projects.
- Research product design trends + inspiration
- Create + develop visual assets for email marketing campaigns
- Assist with creative campaigns + design for social media posts
- Design web banners + web page layouts
- Assist with layout of seasonal product catalogs
- Packaging design, including hang tags, wraps, boxes, cards etc.
- Assist with product design + design file set up
- Take + edit product photos consistently per brand style
- Make sure brand identity is consistent across all platforms
- Work directly with creative director on new product development, packaging design, print + pattern design for new season
- Contributes to collective team effort by accomplishing any other related tasks as assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field (Required)
- 1-3 years experience in graphic design; internship experience
Skills & Abilities
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Illustrator, inDesign, and Photoshop)
- Knowledge of proper print file setups for suppliers
- Stellar use of typography, effective layout design, color theory, and design fundamentals
- Illustration/Print and Pattern design skills are a bonus
- Product photography and flat lay photography skills an/or experience are a bonus
- An eye for detail and integration of new concepts + ideas
- Exceptional written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
- Critical thinking skills; receives and applies feedback effectively
- Ability to prioritize & complete multiple projects across multiple brands under the direction of the Founder (Creative Director)
- Enthusiastic, approachable, and flexible when working with multiple team members
- Motivated, self-directed, innovative in an entrepreneurial-minded environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
- Ability to work in a typical office environment over a full shift.
HOW TO APPLY:
Those interested in the position are asked to email Elsa Vos at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of their resume, cover letter or summary of interest, and work samples, either via digital portfolio or attachments, for review and consideration.
Thank you in advance to all applicants!